Thursday, March 16, 2006

 

Good Books


When I was in college, I had to read a text called You Gotta BE the Book by Jeffrey Wilhelm. As I read, I found myself nodding my head, thrilled to know that my own experiences as a reader weren't unique. I always thought that I was the only kid that actually got into trouble for reading a book.

Living vicariously through books is incredibly rewarding. Television has nothing on the human mind and the imagination that exists therein. We should all strive to BE the book.

Different people have different tastes in books. My book preferences are quite eclectic, although I do admit to being bored at times by some biographies, and the whole fantasy thing with dragons everywhere … I lose patience after awhile. If you are a fantasy freak or a biography buff, please send suggestions. Those will be my weaknesses.

Otherwise, I can’t wait to share the books that I love with you, and to share the books that some of you love. That way, we can all take steps toward BEING the book J !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?